Rules for Responsible Internet Access
These rules will help keep us safe and help us be fair to others.
Using the computers:
- I will only access the computer system with the login and password I have been given;
- I will not access other people's files;
- I will not bring in floppy disks or CDs from outside school and try to use them on the school computers.
Using the internet:
- I will ask permission from a teacher before using the internet;
- I will report any unpleasant material to my teacher immediately because this will help protect other pupils and myself;
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the internet sites I visit;
- I will not complete and send forms without permission from my teacher;
- I will not give my full name, my home address or telephone number when completing forms.
- I will ask permission from a teacher before checking the e-mail;
- I will immediately report any unpleasant messages sent to me because this would help protect other pupils and myself;
- I understand that e-mail messages I receive or send may be read by others;
- The messages I send will be polite and responsible;
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved;
- I will only send an e-mail when it has been checked by a teacher;
- I will not give my full name, my home address or telephone number;
- I will not use e-mail to arrange to meet someone outside school hours.
Parent E- safety guidance sheet